Sunday, March 29, 2020

Happy Birthday, Amelia!!

We were recently in Chicago (it was just before schools, etc. started closing, and we stayed put in their house while we were there. We were also extremely careful on our trip home!!) visiting our daughter and her family. Our granddaughter, Amelia, drew me a picture. Since her birthday was coming up (she is turning ten today) I used her picture to make her card. I scanned it and printed it smaller than the original. I colored it with Copic markers. I kind of wish I had finished it a little bit "fancier" but it is what it is. I simply matted it and added the sentiment on the inside. Happy Birthday, Amelia!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

That was an inspired idea to use the same photo and make it fit. Happy birthday to Ameila! I am sure it will please her to see her art on the card.

Chookarooni said...

What a breat card, she will be thrilled! Definitely one of a kind! A real keeper!

MAKingsley said...

Really sweet card for a granddaughter! I have 10 of them. Great idea!!!

Cheryl W said...

Amelia has some wonderful drawing talent! Neat idea to make her drawing into a card. This will be one to save for the photo album.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's pretty darn good for a 10 yr old! She'll love that you colored it for her birthday card. That's just so special!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I can't believe Amelia can be 10 already! What a special use of the picture she drew for you! She'll love it! (Great coloring!)