Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Watercolor Flowers

Time just flies by, doesn't it? It seems like we are busy most of the time, but I can't really account for it. I haven't spent much time in my stamping room again lately. But, while walking on the treadmill, I have been watching some drawing and watercolor videos on YouTube. They make it look so easy! :) 

I love this simple image by Inkadinkado. I have used it in a few different ways. This time, I stamped it on watercolor paper with Versamark ink and embossed it with black powder. Then I very simply watercolored it. The sentiment is by Inky Antics and is also black-embossed. I mounted the panel on foam tape. The tiny-striped paper in the background is from a pad from Die Cuts With a View.

Another project that I did in the past week or so is to go through a few of the cards I've received and "repurpose" them. I turned them into new cards and donated them to our church. I figured it was better to have someone else enjoy them, too, rather than have them just sit in a box in my room. I still have TONS more sitting in boxes, though! LOL.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

newbie85 said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Lynette! I love the color of the flowers! Yes, all you tubes make things look simple, but they never are for me! But you did a superb job!

Cheryl W said...

This card is so pretty. You do a wonderful job of watercoloring. I love that little stripe pattern below your image, too. So kind of you to share your cards. The church will love having them, I'm sure.

Leslie Miller said...

This really is a very sweet and pretty image. Just the right size and flow for a CAS card. Your watercoloring is perfect for it. LOVE it! I like the idea of giving new life to the cards you've received.