Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Thinking of You

I actually spent a little time in my stamping room a couple days and I made this card. I wanted to use a stencil and rotate it. So, I took my Gina K diagonal stripes stencil and used Gina K inks. First I did the light purple one way, then turned the stencil and did the greenish stripes in the other direction. Then I took a fine-line black marker and added those lines. Just what I needed - a piece of patterned paper! :) I matted with matching cardstock. I embossed the white strip with a Cuttlebug border folder. The image with sentiment is from a set by Hampton Arts. I colored with Copic markers - not an exact match, but a bit better in real life.

I am a little late with sharing my birthday cards, but will be sharing them soon. Thanks to everyone who sent me one!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes! Hope your day was a good one! Love all your cards!

Cheryl W said...

Love it! You created a really pretty plaid. It definitely looks as good as any patterned paper.

Doreen said...

Such a pretty card,just gorgeous.xxx

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great home made plaid! Cute little stamped design to finish it off.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, I love how you've made your plaid background. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Even on the closest inspection I would never guess that was NOT designer paper. Well, it is, but it's handmade designer paper and it looks fabulous! Cute little image stamp, too. I've been on a blog/computer break and it's been lovely. Back to it on the 1st. Happy new year!