Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another Tutorial!

I’ve had a few people ask me for a tutorial on using embossing paste, and have asked where to get it.  I get mine from my friend, Vicki B.  You can find her email address and her store on her blog, Heartwarmers From Vicki.  She sells most anything from Dreamweavers to Copics to Spellbinders to Hero Arts to Penny Black to Tim Holtz … you get the picture!  (You can also get the spatula, glitter and stipple brushes from her.)  If you want something, juust ask her if she can get it for you!  And here is my tutorial.  It’s a little blurry and very unprofessional, but I think you can get the idea.  Hopefully I can get a card made with this piece by Thursday’s blog post.  (Tomorrow is WHAT IF? Wednesday.)

Imgp1911 Here is what I used for this project.  I think you can see everything, but if you have questions, please feel free to email me.  (LJNeus@hotmail.com)

Imgp1918And here is a picture of the dried image.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The sunflower is so cute and I just love the glitter! Thanks so much for promoting my little business and blog page!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

And I forgot to mention.....you did a great job on your tutorial video!!!

Colorado Crafter said...

Great tutorial!!! Thank you so much for sharing this technique. I had never seen embossing paste used with glitter. And goodness knows I love sparkle of most any kind! I only have a couple of brass stencils but maybe one of the designs will work so that I can try this soon.

Colorado Crafter said...

I forgot to ask if you used translucent embossing paste?? I saw that online today, but until your tutorial, I didn't know that you could see ink colors through embossing paste as I'd only seen white and other opaque colors.

Mary said...

Your tutorial video came out awesome Lynette. It was so nice to hear your voice too. I really need to pull out my stencils and embossing paste. It has been about 3 years since I've made a card using this technique. Love the stencil that you used.

Mary

Suzie said...

Lynette,
You did a GREAT job on your tutorial! I couldn't watch it on my phone so I had to wait until this morning to watch it on my computer. (We got to Ft. Myers around 4:30 yesterday afternoon and did it ever storm! We didn't even stop at Publix after grabbing an early supper!)
I love how your card turned out! It is just beautiful!
Thanks, again, for your tutorial ... so very professional!

Hugs,
Suzie

bonnie32002 said...

I finally had the opportunity to watch you at work. You did a fine job on the video and I think I will have to give this a try! TFS!

Ayana Posadas said...

This is such a COOL technique! I've never seen that done before. And I really enjoyed your video. You have a nice voice and you speak clearly. :)
Thanks for showing us how you made that beautiful flower!