Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

I did this card for Taylor's Sketch Challenge #118. The challenge is over now, but I hadn't shared the card on my blog yet.

I used Taylor's Scotties in Love stamp that I received in my goody bag from our visit there.  Isn't it adorable?  I paper pieced the doghouse and colored the rest with Stampin' Up! markers. The papers are SU! also. The sentiment was printed on my computer. The border was punched with a Fiskars punch.


Regarding yesterday's side-step card - I had a few people ask me for measurements.  This is the video that I used for my pattern, except that my left side area is two inches wide.  It's the same as this card I made for my dad (except that I used the original left side of an inch and a half on my dad's card.)  It also uses the same measurements (that I included) as the "center-step" card I made and posted a few days ago, except only one side is unfolded.  I hope that helps some!


Also, someone asked me about the computer-generated sentiment on the cupcake card from a couple days ago.  I just printed it using Microsoft Word with a font called CK Elusive.  I got it free from a site called Scrapnfonts.com.  They sometimes offer fonts for free to download.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

What an adorable card... I love the kissing dogs... Great card for this occasion... So sweet.

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh my goodness... this is way too ADORABLE! Perfect for an anniversary! :)

Colorado Crafter said...

Thanks so much for the font info! Hubby and I downloaded the free version of "Font Explorer" a while back but could never figure out how to use it to store the free fonts you can get online. Guess I need to get down to business and find a way to be able to collect some of those free fonts out there. They are really useful in cardmaking.