Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Sparkly Christmas Angel Card - and more of my stamping room


made this CAS card for seven challenges: Flutterby Wednesday - Christmas in July and use an angel, butterfly or fairy, Simplicity's One-Layer Wednesday - which is also Christmas in July and one layer, and five SplitCoastStampers Dare to Get Dirty Challenges - to embrace white space, glitter, texture, winter wonderland, and winged things.


I started by sponging color through a brass stencil with a stipple brush.  I used Stampin' Up!'s Crushed Curry, Summer Sun, Soft Suede and Blush Blossom. Then I used embossing paste and added the glitter. The sentiment is by katie and co (dollar stamp from Michael's) and is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black. I added a Twinkle over the "i."


I'm also adding a couple - OK, three! - pictures of my stamping space to show more of where I actually "work."
This is, from left to right, my 12 x 12 paper (in the white drawers,) my alphabet stamps, new stamps I haven't put in a book yet (in the shelving of the desk,) my glitters, embossing powders, eyelets and snaps, Christmas stamps, glues and stamp cleaner pads, backup supplies, etc. (in the colorful drawers), my BIGkick, Fiskars guillotine cutter, Scor-Pal, Martha Stewart scoring tool, and then miscellaneous things and a lot of my punches (in the gray drawers.)
This just shows the corner.  I have papers and envelopes in the 24-slot shelving.  I have a couple "alterables" and some scrapbooking I COULD work on.  Also a couple boxes of miscellaneous ribbons and things.


This shelving unit has my ink pads, my three-ring binders with all my Cuttlebug folders and dies, unmounted stamps, Stampin' Up! and Papertrey cardstocks, my SU! markers, pads of patterned paper, some more punches, my "card parts," ATG gun, etc. 


I guess I didn't take pictures of my table/desk.  It has a Making Memories turning storage thingy with my scissors, tools, brushes, blending tools, glues, etc.  I also have spinning CD rack with all my Nestabilities and PTI stamps and some more ink pads.  And a small six-drawer unit with my acrylic blocks, small embellishments, etc.  That's about it, although I know I've missed a few things.  I am a lazy stamper.  I have a chair that spins, and I can reach nearly everything without getting up!


Sorry to be so long-winded and boring today!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

12 comments:

Sheri said...

Love the angel. Thank you for showing us pictures of your space. I love seeing where people work. You are very organized!

Anonymous said...

Love your newest card. Never have used embossing paste. Can you tell me more about this? What brand, where to purchase. Is there some where with a tutorial? Thanks for sharing all that you do.
Joan

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Quite the accomplishment to make such a great card and meet so many challenges! Love the angel and what embossing paste does for a design!

Colorado Crafter said...

Great card!!! And I'm drooling over how organized your work space is! I've been working on getting more organized, though... now all I need is the "space"! LOL!! You'll have to tell us more about how you did the glitter with the embossing paste. I've read a little about "EP", but haven't seen it available very many places. I don't really know anything about using it, though so have not bought any yet. You'll have to give us a tutorial.

Annie said...

Love seeing your work space Lynette. Show us your the CD thingy you put your nesties in.....sounds like a good idea, more info ??
Are all your shelves free standing or are some mounted on the walls?

Its a lovely workspace, I like that you can reach everything from your desk. Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

I also would like to know more about embossing paste, can you use food coloring to color the white paste (I just have white and black paste)
Have you heard of sand paste? is it basically same thing, and used same way?
thanks so much!
Annie

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that sparkly angel! Just love how your embossing paste images turn out - I still can't get it smoothed out with the icing method!!

Lucy said...

Your stamping space looks great!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Michelle VP said...

Love the texture and sparkle your angel has on this card! So pretty! Thanks for stamping with us at Flutter By Wednesday. And congrats on re-organizing your stamping space - looks great! :)

Mary said...

First of all I love your Anel card. It has been si long since I have stenciled and used paste and glitter together. What a pretty Christmas card you made. I can't believe that you were able to make the one card for all of ths challenges that you did.

As for your room. Wow! I love how you have arranged it. You have a good size room to work in and lots and lots of stamping stuff. :)I loved seeing your photos thank you for sharing them Lynette.

I hope thatyou and your husband have a wonderful vacation.

Mary

Leigh said...

Gorgeous stencilled Christmas card Lynette. Love your craft room, looking good!

bonnie32002 said...

This card is lovely and how wonderful that you were able to make it fit into so many differnt challenges!

Love your work space. I have stamp room envy.