Thursday, July 15, 2010

Glittery Butterfly Birthday

Today's card is very glittery:)  When Harriet was here last month, she bought something pretty cool and gave me one.  They are from Clearsnap and are called "Design Adhesives."  They are sort of like rub ons that are sticky on both sides.


I started by applying the Design Adhesive to a piece of white cardstock and added the Martha Stewart glitter in a different color for each butterfly.  I matted this a piece on the Crayola "holographic" cardstock that I have.  I found of piece of turquoise-y cardstock for a mat, and embossed it with a Sizzix embossing folder.  The butterfly panel is mounted on Pop Dots.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped in Colorbox Antique Pewter ink.


It seems like it's been forever since I've had any time to create!  What with my husband being off work all week last week, a trip to my mom and dad's on Monday, catching up on household things on Tuesday, donating platelets yesterday, etc. ...  I only have one more card to share with you for tomorrow, so I sure hope I get some time to play today!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh how pretty! I forgot about those and now have to dig mine out. Thanks for the reminder! I love the paper you used on the border. It is perfect for these!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The butterflies are so pretty and the holographic paper works perfect as a layer. It's a happy card!

Suzie said...

Lynette, these butterflies are so pretty and such fun to have them be so glittery! I love them!

Hugs,
Suzie

Danni said...

Sigh, I'm in love..what more could you want? butterflies and sparkle, gorgeous!

Colorado Crafter said...

I've never heard of "Design Adhesives". Thanks for introducing me to yet another thing that I'll just have to have! LOL!! Your card is beautiful... I love glitter!!!!

sarah said...

beautiful card xx

Mary said...

Oh so much glitter......I love it! Another beautiful card Lynette. :)

Mary

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow it seems like forever ago that I bought these and we were stamping together! Love what you did with these cool rub ons!!

Ayana Posadas said...

WOW!!!
I loveee this card!!!!
SO, so, so pretty!!!

Dana Joy said...

OMG.....this is fabulous.