Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #185

Time for a new Flutter By Wednesday challenge. The challenge for this week is to use bright colors. Want to join us? Just upload your card to your blog or online gallery and link it up to the FBW blog.


I made this one first and thought it might not be bright enough, so I made another:) The flower and butterfly stamps are from a Stampin' Up! set called Hello Again. I used colors from the the old Bold Brights family. The butterfly, leaf, and flower center are mounted on Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I doodled a border and matted with black. The patterned paper is from Die Cuts With a View and I matted that with black, also.
Here is my second, brighter one. I'm pretty sure the stamp is from Stampin' Up!, but I can't say for sure. I stamped it at our Group Gathering in Des Moines a couple years ago. I colored with my brightest Copic markers - no shading, just straight coloring. I matted with black and mounted it on Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Sheri said...

Boy I can't even pick a favorite! They are both so different but both really nice cards. You made them bright without making them gaudy. I love them!

Amanda R said...

Love them both, the simplicity along with the bright colors is awesome!

Harriet Skelly said...

Both are perfect for the challenge - I love that flower on the first one!

Danni said...

You rock!! I barely manage to make one card and here you are with two!! Both are wonderful! I have that stamp set for the first one and don't think I've ever used it...love how you did though!

Leanne said...

Two very cute and bright cards Lynette. Yes that 2nd image is from SU, I have it. lol! Gorgeous coloring and fun layouts. You rocked this one, TWICE!
;)

Anna said...

Oh, both are so cute! Wonderful bright colors!

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, look at you!! TWO cards! They're both vibrant and spring like. I love it!

Michelle said...

perfect spring cards - so getting me in the mood for warmer weather, more colors and nature!

Michelle VP said...

How fun that you made two cards! Love the popped up parts on the first one and the simple coloring on the second one - it really lets the colors stand out. :)

Suzanne Bier said...

Both cards are super cute! I also have the stamp set that you used on the first one...you've inspired me to use it again! :)

Whimsey said...

Very cute - love the colors! Bright and springy!!

PS - WHERE IS SPRING, I'm waiting! :D