Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday #187 - Embossing

Time for another Flutter By Wednesday challenge! Please visit the Flutter By Wednesday blog for the details and to link up your card. This week's challenge is to use embossing. Could by dry embossing. Could be heat embossing. Could be both! Just be sure to include a butterfly, angel or fairy in your creation.


For my card, I embossed three squares across a strip of white cardstock using a small Cuttlebug folder, and then added scored lines with my Scor-Pal. I matted with blue cardstock. I added the stickers - from a pack from Michael's from Studio 18. I think they came from the dollar section. The sentiment is from Stampendous. (I did my embossing using my "no-lines" technique. If you're interested, you can find the tutorial here.)


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do such a great job on embossing and scoring!!!
Gloria

Amanda R said...

Wow Lynette! Your card looks so perfect with all of the embossing, so simple yet such impact. Love it!

Sheri said...

I really like this card. The embossing and the bright colors just make the card special

Mary J said...

How clever Lynette! Love how you've used the white space with those bright colours - lovely!

Leanne said...

Love it Lynette! The clean lines and fun images are awesome!
;)

Harriet Skelly said...

Love this card - these gorgeous colors just pop!

Joan V said...

This card is so fun and cheery. What a fantastic birthday card. Thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

Beautiful! Those boxes set the perfect stage for the butterflies!

Danni said...

What neat embossing and stickers? perfect!! Love them!!

Michelle VP said...

Super sweet, Lynette! Stickers have never looked better on a card! Love how your embossed squares frame them perfectly! :)

Michelle said...

great idea to emboss with your Scor-Pal...I like the three frames and how you filled them with stickers. Such a pretty card!

Karen Wilson said...

Isn't this pretty! Simple, yet elegant. My fav!! Great embossing idea with your scor-pal and love those stickers!!

Kristie W. said...

Fantastic work with the embossing and scoring! Your stickers really pop with those embossed squares! :)