Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Christmas Joy

 I have had this gold Christmas tree sticker for MANY years. I decided to finally use it. I still have several snowflakes that came on the same sheet. I don't know if it's Elizabeth Craft or not, but it's a similar sticker. Plus, I finally got some microfine glitter. How cool! I have done the technique with ultrafine, but it's just not the same:) The microfine is so soft.

I put double-sided sticky paper on a small piece of white cardstock. Then I removed the other side of the non-stick paper so that I had a sticky surface. That's where I carefully put the sticker. Then I put the microfine glitter over the entire piece. I colored carefully with my Copic markers. I sure wish you could see the wonderful sparkle! I matted with a scrap of gold that was already embossed with my Darice Wire Fence folder. I stamped the "joy" (from Papertrey Ink) with Versamark and embossed with detail gold embossing powder. The background was embossed on a piece of white cardstock with a Sizzix embossing folder.

I am linking this up to the Christmas Card Challenge blog. This week's optional challenge is a photo inspiration, but the real challenge is to make a Christmas card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, that's a lot of fabulous glitter and I love it! I'll have to look into the microfine. I have a craft store shopping date tomorrow!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I can see part of the sparkle on the second picture. That is such a cute little decorated tree and nice job coloring it. I have used mostly the ultrafine glitter but the microfine really is a lot nicer to color on.

gail said...

Great card, thanks for sharing at Christmas Card Challenge. Gail DT

JoAnn said...

What a cute tree. Love the embossed panel. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.