Saturday, August 15, 2015

Tree:)

We now have a Hobby Lobby! :) I went there last week when it first opened. Stampabilities and The Paper Studio items were all 50% off. I found so many beautiful paper stacks that I would have loved to have purchased, but I know how I stamp and I know they would have pretty much sat in a box waiting to get used. So, I passed on them:( However, I bought two embossing folders, a package of tiny little purple flowers with teeny wooden bead centers, and a sentiment stamp set.

This card uses one of my new embossing folders from The Paper Studio. I first brayered brown ink on the folder, and then embossed a piece of kraft cardstock. I matted with Always Artichoke cardstock. The stamp set that came to mind to use with this folder was "Lovely as a Tree" from Stampin' Up! I pictured using the pine tree, but ended up with this oak (?) tree. I inked up the whole stamp with True Thyme. Then I added brown marker to the trunk and "thumped" some lighter green on the leaves. I cut it, and its matting, with Nestabilities. I'm not sure if I'll use it as-is, or if I'll eventually add a sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have that stamp set but have never used that particular stamp from it. I really like it with that embossing folder as the background!

Chookarooni said...

Lynette, Love this card - I love that stamp set - wish I had the complete set....missing the oak tree!
Hope all is well with you!
M-J

Anonymous said...

Perfect pairing of stamp and embossing folder! Great card!

And in case you're not real familiar with Hobby Lobby since it sounds like you just got one in your area they have the 50% off sales on Stampabilities and Paper Studio brands very regularly. So, I'm sure if you just can't resist, you'll be able to get those paper stacks some time in the future. :) :) It has been a really long time since I've needed any paper, but if I remember correctly they also put all of their paper on sale for 50% off pretty regularly so you are not just limited to the Paper Studio brand at a good price. I hope you enjoy your new Hobby Lobby. I find it to be a great store for the things that they do carry. We are fortunate to have several Michaels stores, two Hobby Lobby stores and a Joann's in the town nearest to us, and unfortunately I'm still always complaining that they don't carry the stamping items I really want. So, I end up turning to online shopping more often than I would like.

Unknown said...

I REALLY like this card...so simple, yet a real show stopper! The background is wonderful! I haven't been to Hobby Lobby yet, but hope to get there soon.

Leslie Miller said...

That's a great embossing folder. I like that it has a smaller pattern in the wood grain than the one I have. Still, I need to get mine out and use it. Love this with the oak tree. I still have this set, too. Enjoy your new Hobby Lobby!