Sunday, March 11, 2018

Double-Flower Birthday

This is the second of four cards I made on Thursday. I had such a nice time in my stamping room just looking around and picking things that I wanted to use. :)

For this card, I used a small Papertrey Ink set. The flowers and leaves are from the set. The larger purple flower was stamped directly on the white panel. I stamped all the leaves and the smaller flower and cut them out. I mounted the small flower and small leaves on foam squares before attaching them to the panel. For the larger leaves, I cut around the flower petals and inserted the leaves. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession and is stamped to match the larger flower, and the matting is the same color.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful birthday card!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful work with those Papertrey flowers! Honestly, so many times I get the impression their stamps don't take up the ink very well, but yours look fabulous. Would you believe I have no Papertrey stamps? Clever to cut under the petals to insert the leaves. These colors are pretty together!

Bonnie32002 said...

Lovely! I think the 2 instead of the seemly mandatory 3 is a nice balance!

Karen Rose said...

Lovely card! I agree with Bonnie32002 that 2 is perfect here!

Cheryl W said...

Such a pretty card, Lynette. I love your idea of cutting around the edge of the larger flower so you can insert the leaves. I need to give this a try.