Saturday, April 28, 2018

Best Borders #2

Well, I did end up making another card using the Stampin' Up! set called "Best Borders." I don't think I'll be using the other two stamps. I'm just too lazy of a stamper to color all the tiny images! No problem coloring the snowmen, though:) I used Copic markers and added Wink of Stella to all of the snow - the snowmen and the ground. I embossed the top and bottom of the snowman panel with Cuttlebug border folders, scored a couple lines with my Scor-Pal, and mounted the panel on Dimensionals. The patterned paper (full of tiny snowballs! :-) ) is from a Recollections matstack. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

I forgot to mention that this card is 4 x 7 inches.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is a really great card, Lynette! Those little snowmen are so cute and the way you completed the card with the embossing and designer paper is wonderful!

Cheryl W said...

You do a wonderful job of coloring, but I know what you mean about not really wanting to color a ton of images. I'm a bit that way myself. It's just so much quicker to die-cut or emboss and be done! I do enjoy the multi-layer stamping from time to time, however. It's definitely quicker than coloring by hand.

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! I love this snow, snow much! The two embossed borders you used, the blue polka dot paper with white, and the absolutely darling stamp -- oh, my gosh, what a fantastic Christmas card! You gave me a giggle about being a lazy stamper. I don't think you're lazy... you're just eager to get onto the next creation. I know the feeling. Sometimes I get tired of coloring an image before it's done, but if it turns out good I'm happy I persevered. Like you and most stampers, I have too many fun things waiting to be used!

Patti J said...

Wow! I've been gone for almost 7 weeks, and have fallen behind! I love all of your recent Stampin Up creations! The border of snowpeople is darling! Lots of beautiful coloring! Thanks for sharing! Hope you are well!