Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Flowers & Friends - Three Cards

 Wow, I'm finally continuing on a challenge I set for myself almost three years ago. I set as my "mission" the task of using ALL of my Stampin' Up! sets, and I have a LOT of sets. (Nearly 200.) I was pretty faithful in working on them for quite a while, but then life got in the way, and I also kind of lost interest. But, a few days ago I got out another stack of stamps and got to work on them.

The set that I used for today's cards is called "Flowers & Friends." It consists of nine stamps. I have used them all on these cards. For this first card, I used the flower pot stamp, the tulip stamp and the other flower stamp. I cut out the flowers and the top part of the pot and mounted them on Pop Dots. I hand-drew the stems. I matted with purple. After adding the cut-out pieces, I thought it looked kind of plain, so I added the speckles with an old SU! set called Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I think I added too many speckles and couldn't reach the middle, but I still think it looks better than it did without them:) I added patterned paper to the entire card front. The sentiment is from The Paper Studio set. I also added gem stones to the flower centers.
 For this second card, I used five more stamps - the stem, the leaves, the flower, the butterfly, and the bee. I stamped the stem in green, the butterfly and the bee in black, and then embossed that piece with a Cuttlebug folder. I also stamped the butterfly, the flower, the leaves and the bee on white scraps with colored inks and cut them out. I glued the butterfly and bee on, and added Pop Dots under the parts of the wings that extend beyond the edge. I also used Pop Dots under the leaves and the flower. An enamel dot adorns the flower center. I added Star Dust Stickles to the bee's wings. The sentiment is from the same Paper Studio set. I cut it out with a Memory Box die and mounted it on Pop Dots.
This card uses the last stamp of the set. I inked the entire stamp with the lighter blue ink, then colored the beak and legs with markers. I stamped the bird again on a scrap with a darker blue, cut it out, and mounted it on Pop Dots and added it to the already-stamped image. I cut out that panel with a Memory Box die and added the sentiment - from the same set as above. I cut out a piece of patterned paper with another die and added the pieces to the card base. Then I added a tiny black gem for the eye.

Wish me luck as I continue with this project. I think I'm only about half done with my sets, and the sets are getting bigger so I haven't even used half of the stamps yet!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!


mrses44 said...

Love, love, love these cards! Hope to locate the stamp. I enjoy your posts so much, thank you.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Three really great cards from the one stamp set! I'm not taking on all of my SU sets but have begun making stamp offs from several of them and then offering them for sale. So glad you are getting your mojo back! :) Feels good doesn't it?

Debra Stang said...

As the little engine said, "I think I can...I think I can!" You can do it, Lynette!

bonnie32002 said...

I find you're "mission" an inspiring one. Not for me though lol!...and I totally enjoy seeing the fresh look at these wonderful old sets.

Leslie Miller said...

You did good, Lynette! Here's another set I'm not familiar with, but it sure is cute and so are all of your cards. Very cheerful with the pretty colors. I love how the stamps make a pattern that looks like designer paper. I could have sworn it was designer paper at first. I like the sentiment font, too. I do wish you luck on your mission. I don't know if I ever would have made it through my sets, and then I ruthlessly purged them. So that takes care of that. I miss some now and then, but practicality prevailed.