Friday, April 28, 2017

More Penny Black

I know that I said I wasn't going to share any more of these cards, but I guess I was wrong! :) I saw this technique on Darnell's blog, and loved it. So, I had to give it a try. I thought it would be a good way to use these last stampoffs. The flower stamps (I believe) are from Penny Black. I'm pretty sure they were inked with distress markers and spritzed with water before stamping. So, what I did was to cut out a rectangle with a Memory Box stitched rectangle die. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) on it, mounted on Pop Dots, and added it back in the opening. What a great idea! I've certainly seen die cuts placed back into the hole they came from, but not just simply rectangles (or other simple shapes.)
On this one, I sponged around the edges before mounting on Pop Dots and returning it to the image.
And this one is included just because it's the last of my Penny Black flower stampoffs from a couple years ago!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

All three are wonderful! Those were two of my very first stamps from Penny Black! I love the way you carried the leaf over on to the added pieces with the sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards! I love the simplicity with the unexpected pop-up. I have to say thank you for reminding me to use all those bits & bobs of card parts I have stamped. Love seeing your cards!

bonnie32002 said...

Love the idea; and never thought just to use a simple shape. Great idea!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I like the idea! It really adds that little extra somethin' somethin' to a CAS design. Gee, I hope I remember this. Those flowers and colors are so pretty. I'm glad you shared them. Good work using up those stamp offs!