Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Christmas Bird Ornament

Several months ago, I brought out my Letterpress - thought I would experiment with it a bit again. I made two pieces like this background. I think it works fine as a background for a Christmas card. I bought a Penny Black die set while I was in Des Moines in June. It comes with four dies - the solid background, this bird, a deer and the word "Joy." I made up two of each several weeks ago using red, green, gold and silver. This is the only one on a card so far. I popped up the ornament on foam squares and added a silver brad and silver cord.

Oh my goodness - only three months until Christmas!! I am so far behind on my calendars - I only have three months of them done so far:( Hopefully I'll have some time soon to spend in my stamping room. Besides taking our trip to Alaska, we also went camping and took a trip to Chicago in September. We've been playing a lot of pickleball, too, and I have taken up golf this summer. Time just flies!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, that piece you made with the Letterpress turned out great and it does make a lovely background! My Letterpress is long gone. :)

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful letterpress background and perfect for a Christmas card with the cute ornament die! I know... 3 months isn't much time to finish the Christmas cards, considering we have to mail them, too. Yikes! We've had such a busy summer, as well. Glad I started my cards early!

Cheryl W. said...

I've never used a letter press. Your background looks beautiful. It would be gorgeous made with gold ink, too. This ornament dies will come in very handy when making your Christmas cards.