Friday, November 2, 2018

JOY

Well, it's about time that I have a post. Life has been keeping us busy! Who knew retirement would have such a full calendar. :)

Here are three versions of the same card - in different colors. I did the die-cutting at our Group Gathering in June, but I don't know who makes the dies. I used the same embossing folder from Darice for each card. For these cards with colored background, I used textured cardstock and sanded down the design after embossing.
I made six of these cards. I think I have all the cards made that I need for this year. It's possible I need a few more, but I'm not stressed about them. I still have to do the insides. Also, as of just two or three weeks ago, I had only finished three months of next year's calendars. Now THAT was stressing me out a bit. However, I buckled down and now only have October and November left. Whew! I borrowed some stamps from a friend, so I have some idea of what I may do.

A big thing we've been trying to decide about is Medicare. What a huge decision! I turn 65 in December, so we have to figure it out soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love every card in every color! Exactly what you need for quick and simple cards that come out fantastic! Really, Lynette -- wow! Wish I was further along with my Christmas cards, but can't say I'm not having fun making them. It was a relief when I went on Medicare along with a supplement. Much better insurance at a lower cost. It was easy for me to decide because we'd already been through it with Rich and I got the same thing he has. Also, we went through an agent and that made it even easier!

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE these cards, Lynette. I can see them in white with gold and silver letters/snowflake, too. That embossing design is so perfect for framing the word "Joy." I know what you mean about a busy retirement. With 10 grandkids, I don't know how I'm going to get everything done for the holidays. We just got home from our trip on Oct. 29. Finally got the outside work/clean-up finished today. Also got the RV all cleaned out and ready for storage. Now I have to concentrate on holiday stuff!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love all three! Very CAS and beautiful!

Patti J said...

Sorry I've been MIA - still trying to get over my June illness. I'll try to do better! These are beautiful! What a nice greeting for someone special. Thanks for sharing!