Thursday, November 29, 2018

One Last Christmas Card

Gosh, the picture does not do this card justice. :( Oh well. Please use your imagination:) The background is shimmery dark green. The die cut was embossed with sparkly embossing powder and then two coats of thick embossing powder. The sentiment is embossed with white and is from Lawn Fawn.

A lot of our cards went out in the mail today. The rest will go out on Friday or Saturday. We ran out of printer ink for the Christmas letter, and we're not getting new until Friday. I'll get those last thirty letters printed, folded and stuffed and then the cards will be totally done. We're not decorating a lot this year, but what we're doing is done. The shopping is mostly done - just filling in with gift cards. I'll finish wrapping the gifts that we have and then wrap the others as they arrive. Whew! I don't do any holiday baking. So, we're just about ready to sit back, relax, and enjoy the holiday season.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Wow, you are done with everything? Am envious, but too lazy myself. Thanks for sharing cards this year(love them)and I hope to meet you next year.

Leslie Miller said...

On a close up click I can see some of the sparkle in the die cut. My imagination can certainly fill in the rest, 'cause I know how different a card looks IRL. It's beautifully striking with the white on dark green. You're right on top of Christmas, it sounds like! I mailed my international cards yesterday. Don't decorate till Dec 1st. Do only a little shopping and baking, but I certainly need to get on that shopping. Enjoy, Lynette!

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

This is beautiful Lynette x

Cheryl W said...

I imagined the sparkly embossing on your card and the shimmery green. It's pretty in the picture, but I'm sure it's STUNNING in person! I am so envious of your preparedness for the holidays. My goodness, but you've got it ALL under control!!! I've still got lots to do, but I think I'll get it all done. At least, I know I'll just keep plugging away until Christmas arrives...and then I'll quit. :)

Darnell said...

Oooh, I didn't realize I could get this jealous, lol! You are organized and efficient, Lynette, so go you for being ready - for the most part - to just relax during the month of December!! I think that must be some kind of record! Your last card is very pretty and I can imagine the depth and schparkle! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty design and I love how you used white on green instead of the typical reverse. I know how hard it is to get good pictures of some cards!