Monday, October 28, 2019

Dashing Through the Snow

The stamps and dies that I used for these four cards are from a Recollections set. It consists of twelve stamps and five dies. I just used the reindeer and the sentiments. I stamped, die-cut and colored the three reindeer, then had to figure out what I was going to do with them. Of course my results are clean and simple!

On this first card, I trimmed down a piece of white cardstock, stamped the sentiment, matted it with red and die-cut a hole for the reindeer to show through. I thought it needed more, so I embossed it with a Darice folder. I mounted it on foam squares and added it to the card front. Then I placed the reindeer in the hole.


These next two cards are even simpler. I mounted the reindeer on foam squares this time, and added three snowflakes that have been around my stamping room for so long that I honestly don't know if they were punched or die-cut! I had come across them recently and left them out to make sure they got used. They are cut from some Crayola "holographic" cardstock that I got MANY years ago at a dollar store. At any rate, they finally made their way on to cards.


And, since I decided to cut a hole on the first card AFTER I had already made the three reindeer, I ended up with another die-cut reindeer, which of course couldn't go to waste. So I stamped the image on it and colored it and he made his way to this card. I covered the entire card front with patterned paper from Gina K. (I bought three packages of different patterns last year and I have used almost none of it so far. I really have to start using some of my tons of patterned paper!) I stamped the sentiment, added the reindeer on foam squares, and then added a few dots with Nuvo drops.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, this little reindeer is so CUTE! You have all these CAS cards, but they're all different. You're very good with CAS, as I've said many times before. In the first card the reindeer looks like he's running off with Santa's plate of cookies... rather gleefully, I might add. I love ALL of them!

Cheryl W said...

You should enter more of your cute CAS cards into challenges, Lynette. You do such a great job. The little reindeer you used are so cute. Nice to have the matching dies to cut them out, isn't it?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that little reindeer! He's adorable running through the snow! Great cards!