Friday, October 25, 2019

Poinsettias and Holly

More Christmas cards done:) I think I have just about enough done for this year. Well, when I say "done," I mean that the outsides are done! I still have to stamp or print the sentiment in all 75 or so of them. But, it isn't even the end of October yet, so I think I'm doing all right. I also finished up my 2020 calendars a few days ago. Now THAT makes me feel really good! I even have two or three months done for 2021.

Anyway, about these cards. The images are all from a Recollections set. The set consists of the two image stamps, a border stamp, two sentiment stamps and three dies. I watercolored all of the images. I use a fun technique for the watercolor that is SO simple and I love the end result. I stamp the image on watercolor cardstock. Then I wet the areas a lot and just touch the color to the water. It spreads out so nicely. That's really about all there is to it! The sentiment on this card is from Papertrey Ink. I added Liquid Pearls to the flower center. The card base is ivory.
For this card, I used one of the dies to cut out the holly leaves and berries. The sentiment on this card is also from Papertrey. I added Diamond Glaze to the holly berries.
I was a little disappointed when I realized that the poinsettia die did not cut out the leaves, but I can live with it:) The flowers are popped up on foam squares.
The sentiment on this last one was included with the stamp set. I made four of the first card and three of this last one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love your poinsettia cards. A poinsettia is my favorite image to stamp or die-cut for Christmas cards. I need to try your water coloring technique. I actually took a water coloring class once, but I can't say I retained much from it. And I'm VERY impressed that you're basically done with your Christmas cards and calendars. Talk about organized!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like both of these cards. I have those stamps too so will probably be CASING your cards. Thanks for sharing them!

Leslie Miller said...

Three very pretty Christmas cards, Lynette! Hey, if you have more cards than you need, you'll be ahead for next year. I always find I need more than I thought. Love your watercolor. The technique is perfect when you have nice open images like this.