Sunday, October 27, 2019

Glitter Ornaments


I love this technique, but haven't done it for many years. I was reminded of it by a video by Jennifer McGuire. I am linking this card up to the STAMPlorations Stencil challenge.


I used double-sided sticky paper, glitter and a brass stencil. I also have a sort of special kind of soap to rub on the brass stencil before sticking it to the paper. (Important, and I will share more on this in a later post!) With the stencil on the sticky paper (which was already added to cardstock), I added the blue-ish glitter. Then I removed the stencil and added the white glitter. The glitters are ultra-fine and micro-fine. I matted with the best matching cardstock that I had. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is matted and mounted on foam squares. The ink is not a perfect match, but it does match better a little bit "in real life" than it appears in the photos.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That looks like a Dreamweaver stencil. It's beautiful the way you did it!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Gorgeous card with amazing technique, love it. Your entry at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge is much appreciated and thank you for playing along with us. Happy Crafting!
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
...STAMPlorations {Design Team...
...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
...My Instagram...

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, wow! I have to try this! I have some colored microfine glitter. So beautiful! I do need to read the technique again. Thanks, Lynette!

Patti J said...

Ooooh! This is SO elegant! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl W said...

Wonderful technique! It's so glittery and festive. I vaguely remember this technique from years ago, too. So glad you featured it on your blog to remind us all.

Sanna said...

lovely clean and simple style card! thanks for joining in on the STAMPlorations challenges!

Tanja said...

love all that glitter - thanks for joining our Stencil Challenge over on STAMPlorations this month - we would love to see you again next month

MariLynn said...

So sparkly and very pretty. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.