Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas Sunday

Here is my card for this week. I actually made seven of this one - with slight variations. On some of them, I positioned the panel on the right side, instead of the middle. One of them has silver glitter. Etc.

I saw these cards on Joan's blog, and really liked them and the "NOEL." So, instead of purchasing the file from the Silhouette site, I made my own. The NOEL and the red circle were cut on my Cameo Silhouette. I used my Xyron machine to apply the "sticky" for the glitter. The ornament top was stamped with a Verve stamp and embossed with silver embossing powder. I free-handed the ornament string. I used a punch for the holes to put the ribbon through. I'm submitting this to the Christmas Card Challenge blog. (Edited to add: As always the main challenge is just to make a Christmas card. This week's additional challenge is "sparkle and bling." Gosh, I even met the specific challenge!) This makes 66 cards done. I think I have about 14 to go. I still have to stamp a sentiment in them all, though, so I guess I still have a ways to go!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

What a clever card! Great idea and a wonderful C&S card

Teresa said...

Wow I love the clean look of this card. Great job

Kristie W. said...

Awesome CAS card, Lynn! I love the NOEL that you created!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

How neat that you were able to create your own NOEL!!! Nice job!

Jeanette said...

Love the bold NOEL, it looks great! Beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, love this one! The glitter is fabulous and the red and white is so crisp and clean. Way to go with 66 cards already!

Chookarooni said...

Love the cleaness of this card - so cute!

Shoshi said...

That's really stylish, Lynette! It will stand out amongst all the others received and I am sure it will be commented on! Just the right amount of bling, too.

Thanks for your lovely comment - we had a great time at the party and really feel settled in now!

Shoshi

Sabrina said...

Such a beautiful CAS card! Love the added sparkle. TYFS and joining in all the fun at Christmas Card Challenges #51. :)

Joan B said...

lovely!! good for you for figuring out how to make your own Noel!