Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday - A Sketch



This week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge is another great sketch by Design Team member, Kathy. We'd love to have you join in the fun! Just create your card based on this sketch, and link it up to the Flutter By Wednesday blog. Be sure to include your butterfly or fairy! If there are at least fifty entries, Danni will be awarding a prize.

For my card, I did something different for me. I started with the papers, working my way from the bottom up. It seems I usually work from the top down:) The papers are from a stack I bought at Michael's, but I cut it into six by six pieces and threw away the cover sheet, so I can't tell you who it's made by. Sorry. I chose to use this whimsical butterfly stamp from Inkadinkado. I colored with Copics. The sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) replaces the ribbon in the sketch. I guess I just kind of forgot about/ignored the three dots at the top of the panel. LOL! (Sorry, Kathy!) Looking at the card in the picture, I can see that I put the butterfly piece on crooked:( Maybe I can get it off and straighten it up.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty, Lynette!

Jeanette said...

I love these sweet colors, great card Lynette!

Danni said...

What a fun image!! It makes me happy looking at it!! Very pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this image! So cute! Sometimes it's easier for me to start from the bottom up rather than trying to build a card around an image. This turned out great, Lynette!

Joanne said...

This card is so delicate looking! Great colors and sketch!

Chrissy said...

This is so pretty Lynette..beautiful papers and colours...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

such a pretty image, love the colors and papers you used

Harriet Skelly said...

Love the soft papers - lovely card!

Kristie W. said...

I love these papers! They are pretty as is your image!

Denice said...

What a sweet image, it looks great with the fab DP you used!