Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy Fiftieth Anniversary!


It's my husband's brother and sister-in-law's 50th Anniversary today. Happy Anniversary, Dave and Betty! (They don't read my blog, though.)

I used shimmery gold paper for the background, the sentiment matting, and the numbers. I embossed the background with a Sizzix folder (available through Stampin' Up!) and matted with black. I printed the sentiment on my computer and cut it with an oval Nestability. The mat for it was cut with a Spellbinders die. The sentiment is mounted on foam squares. The numbers were cut using a Cuttlebug die set.

It's our anniversary today, too! :) It's "only" 39 years for us, though.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Pretty card! And a very happy anniversary to you and Jim as well!
Cool that you picked the same date!

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary Lynette!
Great card for your in-laws. I do find that particular embossing folder is so versatile.

Kristie W. said...

Great anniversary card! I always struggle with them and usually only make a few a year.

Happy Annivesary to you & your hubby. 39 years is awesome!

Shoshi said...

A very happy anniversary to you both, Lynette! And what a classy card you've made for the in-laws!

Thanks again for a lovely comment - we are so thrilled with all the work that's been done on the house and we are gradually getting straight now. We are having a "topping out" party on Friday as a thank you to the builders - they are all coming with their wives and kids! Got to order some party food and start making puddings. Busy busy busy!

Shoshi

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! 50 years is nothing to sneeze at, nor is 39 years. Happy anniversary to all of you! A beautiful card with the embossed gold. Very elegant.

Mary said...

Happy Belated Anniversary Lynette. I think 39 years is awesome.I would have to be very old to make it to that Anniversary. :) I hope that you and your husband had a wonderful Day. Love your card. :)

Mary