Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Flutter By Wednesday - Brown

Time for this week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge. The challenge is to use brown - and a fairy or butterfly, of course! Check out the blog for inspiration from the design team, then get busy creating your own challenge card. Link it up to the blog so all can see what you've made. If there are fifty or more entries this week, Danni has a surprise for one random winner!

When I thought "brown" and "butterflies," the two didn't mix very well in my mind. But I'm relatively happy with the way this turned out. I sponged three Stampin' Up! colors on a masked-off strip. (Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Close to Cocoa.) Then I used Chocolate Chip to stamp the butterflies (from Inkadinkado) and the sentiment (from Inky Antics.) I matted the panel with Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Mariëlle said...

WOW! Lovely card!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so CAS and gorgeous!!

Sheri said...

I am liking the brown butterflies. Very pretty card.

Jackie said...

What a fun card! I love the way the butterflies go from side to side down the card. Great idea!

Jackie, Your FBW DT sis!

Jenée said...

So very pretty, and I want to know how you got that line down the side on which you stamped your butterflies! Really lovely card.

Kristie said...

I really love the rich autumn colors in your masked off strip. This turned out just beautiful!

Jeanette said...

Love this Lynette! Pinning to my board. :)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Lynette....beautiful CAS design and just love the butterflies.

luv CHRISSYxx

Kathy said...

Very cool. Love the butterflies stamped over the sponged ink. Really pretty.

Denice said...

Bet you thought I was being an absent blogger this week, but there's no way I was able to pass up commenting on this fabulous card! CAS and beautiful...a great take on this week's brown challenge.