Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Butterflies Birthday

I have had a note to make a background like this on my desk for months, and I finally did it. I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers directly on an acrylic block and then spritzed with water and placed it on my cardstock. When it was dry, I added a bit more color with Distress spray. (That doesn't show up very well in the photo.) I die-cut the butterfly piece and also the sentiment. The sentiment is layered with three die-cuts and also has a vellum shadow layer.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose for your background. I haven't done any mixing of colors on a stamping block, but I really should give it a try. It sounds like fun to me! I think I would maybe add some Glimmer Mist, too, for a little sparkle.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that background is the most beautiful thing to my watercolor-loving heart! Nice to add the spray. Maybe it doesn't show much in the photo, but I'll bet it makes a difference overall. Lovely die cut, and I like the layered sentiment.

Joan said...

Wow, such a beautiful card. A great reminder that I don't always have to color die cuts or even use colored paper. Just a pretty background and a classic white die cut makes a stunning card.