Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sending Birthday Wishes

I have had a bunch of these large flowers in my "stash" for many years. I've always thought they were too big to use on a card, but they have remained in my room anyway. Finally one of them made it onto a card. I cut the ferny leaves with dies and colored them with Copics. The sentiment strip was in my card parts and I do not know what company made it. The matting on the sentiment and the flower center are glitter paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

You found the perfect colors and layout for this big flower!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Lynette. I have a pot full of flowers which hasn't been opened for ages as I couldn't think what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration to actually use some of them! xx

Cheryl W said...

I think your large flower looks great on your card. I have some large flowers in my stash, too, and have a hard time using them on cards. Sometimes I use them to decorate gift boxes and bags. They work well for that.

Leslie Miller said...

This really looks fantastic, Lynette! Love the color. The big flower makes a wonderful focal point and not too bulky with your glitter paper center. I like the ferns with it, too.