Friday, February 28, 2020

Glittery Flower


This card happened because I wanted to use a little bit (well, I'd love to use a LOT!) of my glitter paper. So I stamped and die-cut the flower from gold glitter cardstock. I used a Hero Arts set for this. I colored the center of the flower with a Copic marker. Then I die-cut and embossed the leaves from green glitter cardstock. I covered the entire card front with a piece of patterned paper from Recollections and used a die to cut the stitched border along the bottom. However, I had cut it such that the "stitching" was on the part that I intended to toss. Oops! So, I decided to add that piece to the inside of the card. I added a few sequins from the thousands that I have that used to be my mom's. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This card is one whole beautiful package, Lynette! I love every bit of it from the glittery flower to the patterned paper to the cut away design. The colors really appeal to me. I sure have a lot of sequins that need using. I have too much of a lot of things.

Cheryl W said...

I think it was brilliant to add the off-cut to the inside of your card. I have to remember that little trick and give it a try on an Easter or Mother's Day card. Love your glittery flower. We all need a little more sparkle in our day, don't we?