Tuesday, January 5, 2021

January Birthday

I'm back in my stamping room, and it feels great! It was awesome to take a break, though. I'm finally feeling caught up a bit after the holidays - so many things get put on hold.

At any rate, I have a card to share with you today. I started with the stenciled border. To the border, I added two scored lines on the top and the bottom. I embossed the blue background with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder, then I lightly rubbed a white ink pad across it. I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) with black ink on vellum, and then embossed with black embossing powder. I wrapped the edges of the vellum around the white before adding it to the blue.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty! I love stamping sentiments on vellum. I wish all heat-embossing results were as good as they are on vellum.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

A snowy January birthday card is certainly fitting this year! Very pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Your details and coordination are absolute perfection, Lynette! The stenciled snowflakes against the embossed snowflakes look fantastic. The colors are ideal together, too. I thought at first glance the stenciled strip was washi tape. Love the embossed vellum overlay sentiment. All awesome!