Sunday, January 17, 2021

More Christmas

I had a few sheets of glitter cardstock and a bit of gold metallic cardstock that I wanted to use up. The glitter cardstock was the last of a very small matstack that I had purchased and the gold foil was some scraps and miscellaneous pieces. So, I got out my dies and did a bunch of die-cutting. I had quite a few pieces! I didn't want to just file them away, so my goal was to use them all. I actually used every one, except for a butterfly and the word "happy." I hope to use them soon, though. So, you will be seeing a lot of sparkle and shine. LOL!

I cut the snowflake border from the silver glitter paper. I made myself a mask and rubbed white pigment ink on the bottom of the blue cardstock. Then I used a white embossing powder with silver speckles in it (I think it's called Winter Wonderland) to emboss the bottom portion. I used the same embossing powder for the sentiment, which is from Papertrey. I added the snowflake border and matted with shimmery silver cardstock. I made five of these.

So far, I have 28 Christmas cards done. I plan to continue to make extras to give to a friend who donates them (and her time and cards!) to a thrift store. I made others with foil, too, but they are remakes of cards that have already been on my blog, so I'm not showing them again. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

First off, this card is really CAS and has sparkle, love it! Second, I'm so impressed you are still making Christmas cards. Our Christmas card list has dwindled down so much that there is no need for me to start thinking about it until December lol!

Chookarooni said...

Wondering what you are using for die cut machine these days, bought myself gemini jr, sure is easier to use with fewer cutting issues...have had my cuttlebug for 15 years so I have got my money’s worth and it still works well for embossing!

Cheryl W said...

This is beautiful, Lynette! I really love a little sparkle for Christmas cards. I have some white pigment ink, and hadn't thought of using embossing powder with it, but I won't forget this tip. It's such a great idea. Thanks!

Patti J said...

This is so sparkly and pretty! 28 cards? You rock! Bet you had fun playing with all of that beautiful glitter stock! Thanks for sharing, and for donating! Hugs...!

Leslie Miller said...

This particular shade of blue is so pretty with the silver! You've got plenty of sparkle going on here and I love it. 28 cards is great progress already. I was happy with seven -- ha! Hey, I'll get there!