Thursday, January 21, 2021

Sympathy Trees

Both of these cards with made with a Darice embossing folder and a stamp from Gina K. For this first one, I cut the embossed piece down and matted it with black. I embossed the trees with black powder and colored them with Stampin' Up! chalks.
For this second one, I trimmed the embossed piece down to just outside the embossed frame. It's not the exact size of an A2 card. I could have just cut down the card base, but instead I added thin purple, shimmery strips on each side. I colored these trees with Copic markers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I love that folder and the trees give a peaceful look to the card. I like the second card the best with the purple strips. It's just a little more colorful but not too much.

Cheryl W said...

I love both your cards. The font of the embossing folder is really beautiful, and the trees are like symbols of quiet strength. All the elements work together so well.

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderful! I love the trees, and the embossed sentiment looks amazing. Beautifully CAS.