Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

OK, here is the last of my "card parts" cards for a while. It's for my forever friend, Lucy. 


The "part" for this card was the vellum with the image stamped on it. The stamp is from Inkadinkado. I used small Versamagic pads for it. The stamping is actually on the back side of the vellum. I cut the window in the front of the card and I also cut the vellum to be just larger than the window. I adhered the vellum on the inside, and added a thin frame to cover up the edges. As it turned out, I could have adhered the image to the front of the card, since I ended up added the green scalloped frame, which would have covered it up, too. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The fancy tag die is from Spellbinders. I carefully stamped the sentiment inside the card so that it would show through the vellum but not be covered up by the image. Hope you had a great birthday, Lucy!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Christina said...

That is a beautiful card Lynette! So devine!
Hugs Kristel

klarcher said...

Lucky Lucy to get such a pretty card

Sandy said...

An absolutely gorgeous card Lynette! I love the colour combo.

Sheri said...

A beautiful card for your friend. Love the vellum!

Chookarooni said...

Great card Lynette - love the idea of stamping on vellum!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh I love this card! That is one of my favorite images - and of course I love the colors!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, Lynette! The stamp on vellum is the perfect touch!

Marge said...

This is BREATHTAKINGLY GORGEOUS, Lynette!!! LOVE every detail!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Lynette. I just love the vellum. Such a soft elegant look.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so delicate and lovely! The image turned out just gorgeous on the vellum.