Friday, November 11, 2011

Quick Christmas Card

I woke up early this morning and decided to make a card. I was looking through my embossing folders last night and realized how neglected they were, so I used one:)


This is a border folder. It's seven inches long, so I cut it down. I brayered Stampin' Up!'s Soft Sky ink on to the folder before embossing with it. I matted it with Soft Sky, also. The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions. I matted it with the same Soft Sky. I added a couple brads and mounted it on Dimensionals.


A couple updates/answers to questions:
Thanks everyone for the comments about my beautiful wedding dress. I agree! It belonged to my sister-in-law, who graciously let me borrow it.


My "Card Parts" box consists of pieces that I have experimented on, or extra pieces I have made, or for any other reason I have partially put-together items laying around that I can't bear to throw away. I stick them in a box, and pretty much forget about them. Then I happen across the box one day, rummage through it, and pick out some things I feel like working with. I'll have one more on Sunday's post. It should be received by then.


Our son, daughter-in-law and grandson moved out last weekend, into their beautiful new home. We miss having them around, but yes - it is nice to have the house to ourselves again. And of course, I still have Owen every day while they are working.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

This one has to be one of my very favorites. Love the soft colors and the simplicity of the card.

Sandy said...

Oh Lynette, what a great CAS card!
Enjoy as your life gets back to your normal.

Teresa said...

What a beautiful card. So glad you got your embossing folders out. So soft and pretty!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such pretty soft colors. Would make a great card to quickly make several at a time and still have a lovely card to send to someone.

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful. I love love the embossed strip Lynette.

Leslie Miller said...

That's a beautiful embossed border. I've tried brayering ink onto my folder like that, but it never seems to come out good. Maybe I'll give it a try with Soft Sky. I sure do love the effect!

Ruthie said...

I absolutely LOVE this card and would love to know if this is a Cuttlebug or Sizzix folder and where you got it? I'd love to make these for Christmas but am having a hard time find it. Any help you could give me I would appreciate. Thank you for posting your card.