Friday, December 7, 2018

Birthday Deer

I broke down and ordered a few (six, I think) unbranded dies. Sometimes I just can't help myself. When I hear or see others using them, sometimes I check them out and then end up ordering. Oh well. This one arrived today, so I used it already to make these two cards.  For this first one, I used vellum to cut the die out of. I placed it on light blue cardstock. The sentiment is embossed in silver. The stamp is from Papertrey Ink. I added a couple scored lines using my Scor-Pal. For adhering vellum, this is what I use. It pretty much doesn't show through the vellum.
For this second card, I started with a 12 x 5.5 inch piece of blue textured cardstock. I folded it at 4 and 8 inches - into thirds. I die cut the center of it and glued the front to the middle. I also used foam squares under the trees and deer. The sentiment is again from Papertrey and I embossed it with detail gold embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

What a pretty die! It's great for masculine cards, but would work well for Christmas, too. As you've probably noticed on my blog, I use quite a few unbranded dies. I'm like you, when I see them being used, I am so inspired, I just have to order them!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my - that vellum one is so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

I sure can't see any adhesive on your vellum card, and it's gorgeous! What a beautiful die. Love both cards. The blue on blue on #2 is very pretty and I never would have thought of it. I'm awaiting an order of Cottage Cutz dies from Scrappin' Cottage. Not the fussy kind with lots of small parts. They have some amazing deals on their sale and retiring stuff!