Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Left-Over Foil - Part 1

After making this card and yesterday's card, I was left with the "negative" foil pieces. I tried a couple things that sounded like really good ideas in my "being awake at 4:00 a.m. but laying in bed" state. Neither of them worked very well, but I thought I would use them anyway.

For this first card, I placed Scor-Tape on white cardstock. The foil stuck nicely to the tape, but where the foil was missing from the foil sheet, the backing sheet was hard to remove from the tape. The snowflakes were sticky and I added ultra-fine glitter to them. (The foil is pewter.) The sentiment is stamped in black and is from a new-to-me set from Recollections.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Bonnie32003 said...

This turned out great, and I'll bet IRL it is stunning get besides.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Not completely sure how you did this card, but I sure do love it!

Cheryl W said...

I know you said your technique didn't work very well, but your card sure is pretty. Wish my cards that didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, looked as good as yours! So how many cards do you have now for 2019?

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I really love this one. Very classy. The strips make for such an elegant design.