Saturday, September 7, 2019

Metallic Marker Flowers


While in Ankeny in June, we played with embossed images on black cardstock, colored with metallic markers. I stamped a few images and brought the pieces home. I already had some metallic markers that were not the "brush" kind that we used in Ankeny, but they worked just fine. I embossed the sentiment with gold, also. Hard to tell, but I colored the flower centers with a light turquoise, but then I added some Wink of Stella. It looks very "prominent" in the photos, but it's actually quite subtle in real life. I added thin strips of shimmery gold down each side.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a pretty birthday card! I "had to have" those markers after using them in Ankeny. I just need to be making better use of them! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's very striking with the gold and black! I've heard of these metallic markers. I didn't know they came in brush tip. It would be nice if they blended like Copics, but I understand they don't. Oh well, I have my Spectrum watercolor sparkle pens. Cute stamp on this! Sparkle is so hard to photograph, so I understand about the flower centers.

Cheryl W said...

I really do have to try this when I get home. The gold embossing gives your image elegance, and the colors are so pretty against the dark cardstock.