Monday, September 16, 2019

Resist Watercolor Background


I made this using a technique from Jennifer McGuire. I used a paintbrush, distress inks and water to cover a piece of watercolor cardstock. Then I used Versamark ink and stamped a background over the painted surface. I used clear embossing powder over the Versamark. Then I spritzed water over the background. This "lifted" the color from the cardstock, but left the "full=strength" color under the embossing. I added the sentiment (from Stampabilities) with black ink. I used a die to cut the flowers and added two lines above and below the sentiment with my Scor-Pal

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty color combination and an interesting technique turned into a lovely card!

Jeanne H said...

Super well done!!!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Lynette. This technique looks so effective and I love the colours you've used. xx

Cheryl W. said...

Interesting technique. I love how it turned out, too. I'll have to give that a try.

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, fabulous technique! Not only that... you used such a lovely die. The score lines highlight the sentiment without adding a layer. Love this so much, Lynette!