Friday, July 30, 2021

Butterfly Hello

Here is the deckled rectangle piece that's been sitting on my table for a while - finally used up. I have all the pieces used up now. I do still have several card fronts waiting to be finished, however! I added the butterfly and the sentiment to the top of the image panel. They are from an old rubber set from Hampton Art. I stamped the butterfly onto the image panel and also on a piece of scrap cardstock. I cut out the wings from the scrap piece and added them to the one on the image panel. That way, I could have the wings hang over the edge, but I didn't have to cut out the body or antennae. I colored with Copic markers and added Wink of Stella and a couple black gems. I embossed the bottom of the panel with a Darice folder, scored a couple lines with my Scor-Buddy and sponged some color over the panel. I matted with black and mounted on foam squares. The patterned paper on the bottom has silver pinstripes and I added a think strip of silver shimmery paper above the black.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a pretty little butterfly. Nice layout for the card too.

Cheryl W said...

Your colorful butterfly hanging over the edge is so pretty. I also like the embossing folder you used on the bottom of the panel. You had me a little confused about your "deckled oval," but then I realized you meant to say "deckled rectangle." I've done that more times than I can count!

Leslie Miller said...

You're so creative with your card parts! Pretty butterfly!