Friday, July 16, 2021

Glitter Birthday


I don't even remember how I added the ink onto this card, but I'm pretty sure I used a brayer. I spritzed it with some water, but you can really only see it on the middle color. I added some patterned paper to the top and bottom, thin black strips to the edges of the colored panel, and a sentiment die-cut from glitter cardstock with a black shadow added. I also added a few sequins for fun. I have about a million of them! My mom used to do calendar kits where you sew on sequins and she had tons of them left over. I brought them all to my craft room after she died but haven't used them much at all.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Love your brayered panel. The colors are so soft and blended so well. I also love that you used your mom's sequins. I also inherited sequins from my mother when she passesd away. They were mostly Christmas colors, though, so I have purchased a few pastel colors.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another card with the pretty combination of colors for the background. I have some sequins around here somewhere but they seem to be hiding.

bonnie32002 said...

WOW! Awesome breyer work! Mine be Dr looks so blended. Love the colored too!

Patti J said...

What a pretty card! The background blending is perfect, and I don’t know who could resist that awesome glittering sentiment! Another lovely creation! Thanks for sharing!