Thursday, July 29, 2021

Cheery Thinking of You

Using up another piece from my stamping table. I had die-cut a deckled rectangle from a piece of white cardstock, and still had both pieces sitting around. I used the negative space as a stencil to blend three colors of ink onto the image panel. (The die-cut piece will be on my blog tomorrow.) After doing the ink blending, I stamped the silhouette image and added the sentiment. They are from Gina K. I just matted with black and added to a white card base. Very simple, but it feels so nice to be making cads again. I'll spend time in my stamping room when I can. We have our granddaughter, Amelia, staying with us for a few days, so that's great fun and she likes to spend time in my stamping room with me. We are each working on a never-ending card. :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Lynette,

Just stopping by to say hi and tell you that I like your card. Simple and so very pretty. Wishing you and your granddaughter a happy day. :)

Mary from NH

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty! I love the looks of using silhouette images over the blended colors. Have fun with Amelia!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Lynette. I love the colours you've chosen to use. xx

Patti J said...

This is lovely! Your ink blending is perfect, and I admire your ability to do ‘white space’ so well! Great card!

Cheryl W said...

Those are definitely happy colors on your card. So pretty! And how fun to have your granddaughter staying with you. I hope you'll share your neverending cards when you get them done. That's a pretty complicated card for a young girl to make!

Leslie Miller said...

Ah, pretty! I do love the ink blending. Good idea to use the negative space of your die cut. I always forget about that. I'll be glad to get back to my stamp room.