Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Two-Fer - Birdies

I made these cards for Darnell's "Two-Fer" challenge - to use the same stamp, stencil, etc. on two different cards. You can use them very creatively, or very simply, as I have done, of course. :-) The theme this month is Birds. You can find the challenge here.

On this first card, the bird is stamped and die-cut (and layered for dimension) and colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. The background paper has some kind of holographic-ness to it, and my silvery stripes along the sides of the white panel are holographic, also. The sentiment is silver heat embossed. I added three Martha Stewart gems.
I changed the orientation on this card and made it a "hello" card. The paper is ancient cardstock from a free pack from Archivers. Remember Archivers?? :-) The bird was stamped directly on the panel once again colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and I added three orange gems and matted with orange.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such cute birds and great papers you used for the cards!

Cheryl W said...

These are great, Lynette. I love the "Crazy Birds" stamp set and use them with some regularity. I really should have gotten the dog set, too, since my extended family is dog-crazy. My daughter has 3 dogs, my son has 2 and other family members have 1 per family.

Darnell said...

This sweet little birdie is my favorite from this set and I love your two cards, Lynette! Your coloring is fabulous and I love both of the background pp you used and how you matched your coloring! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #40! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

That bird is absolutely adorable, Lynette! He looks great on your birdday card, and I love all the shimmer and shine of the papers you've chosen. And yes, I remember Archivers! I really miss going in and exploring their store! And your bird looks wonderful here, too. You've colored him wonderfully. Sweet cards! Thanks for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev (p.s. - I've got a son in Roseville!)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling twofer with that crazy bird, Lynette - just love both designs!! Oh yes - I remember Archivers! Was reminiscing with a friend how we'd go to Scrap Mania all the time - Archivers Woodbury was my second home!!