Monday, May 22, 2023

Metallic Painted Flowers



Finally - a blog post!! Life is just getting in the way of me spending time in my stamping room. Good things, though - nothing bad, fortunately. When my friend, Cheryl, came over a few weeks ago, she embossed one of these backgrounds and then painted with metallic paints. It was gorgeous! So, I finally got a chance to paint one of mine with metallic paints. It was easier than I thought it was going to be. So, that's it! I cut it down, matted it, and added a die-cut sentiment. (In linking to her blog just now, I see that her card is her most recent post. AND - I almost used the same "Best Wishes" die! Luckily, my scrap of rose colored cardstock was not quite big enough for me to cut that out of, so I went with something smaller.) The embossing folder is from Altenew. 


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, your card is gorgeous! I also checked out Cheryl's beautiful card as well. I haven't ever heard of metallic paints, but they sure do make a real WOW!

Cheryl W said...

Your card turned out spectacular, Lynette! I love it! Can you tell me the brand of the embossing folder. I think I'd like to buy it so I can make more of these. I can see them being used for several different occasions, and it's such a fun and simple image to paint. Thank you for letting me give it a try at your house!

Leslie Miller said...

Embossing folders have come a long way, for sure! This is absolutely gorgeous. You did an amazing job with the painting. One wouldn't even think the flower and background were all part of the same folder. I, too, would like to know the name of the folder. Not to buy right now, but to put on a wish list and see others long this line. Thanks!

bonnie32002 said...

Lovely card and I really like the embossing folder you used. Those paints are fabulous! Glad you tipped the card so the camera picked up all the glimmer

Patti J said...

Great minds, right? How fun that you and Cheryl nearly posted the same thing! Your card is so pretty, love the shine! Beautifully done , dear friend!!!