Monday, March 25, 2019

Wild Roses

I ordered a whole set of ink pads from Gina K and they arrived on Wednesday of last week. I'm so excited to use them! They are all labeled, organized and ready to go. Along with them, I got this free stamp set. 

For this first card, I stamped on white cardstock and used Copic markers. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. After stamping and coloring, I used a Darice embossing folder to emboss the whole panel. I matted with Gina K cardstock.

This card just "happened." I wanted to stamp the first time on scratch paper, clean the stamp, and then I figured it would be ready to use. However, I couldn't get myself to throw away the first one! :) I had stamped it on a piece of kraft-ish cardstock. I colored the flowers with metallic colored pencils. The sentiment is from the same set as the flowers. I cut it with a die, matted it with black, and then a dark green. The card base is kraft.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Lynette. I love the stamp and the images look so different using different colours. I even scrolled back up to check it was the same stamp you'd used! xx

Cheryl W said...

That's a very pretty stamp set, and I love how you've used it. I think you'll get a lot of use out of it, since it can be used for almost any occasion, be it birthday, sympathy, wedding, or thinking of you.

Leslie Miller said...

I know you're going to get right busy and use your new ink pads 'cause you're so good about not letting things sit. I recently got 2 sets of oxide inks and I've barely touched them. Soon to be rectified. I love how you embossed right over the flower image on your first card. It's a good thing you didn't throw out your first stamping! It turned out very pretty and it's a nice effect on the kraft-ish card stock. Very soft looking.