Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Anniversary Flowers in Purple

This is one of my favorite cards for a while. Even though I've been making quite a few lately, it seems like I'm always just making cards to use up parts and they all seem rather the same. At least this one is a little bit different. An on-line friend, Michele, often uses striped paper showing just along the edges of her cards. I always like that and often plan on doing that "sometime." Well, it's finally "sometime!" The flower images are from Inkadinkado. I stamped them in black, colored them with Copics, and then stamped them again with Versamark and embossed them with black embossing powder. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. The black is all thin strips.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That striped paper and the black thin strips really make the design stand out. Love the angle of the sentiment too.

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty! I always like those stripes on one or both sides, too. In fact, I just ordered a striped background stamp so that I can make my own stripes when I want them. It'll take a while for it to get here, though.

Leslie Miller said...

You have some very pretty stamps and I really love this sentiment. I cannot seem to find many good anniversary sentiments and I do need them. Always love striped DP. You're very good and patient with those thin strips!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Lynette! I do love the stripes on the edges. I always say I’m going to do this, but never seem to do so. Thanks for the gentle nudge!