Thursday, April 30, 2020

Special Day in Turquoise

Here is another card I made using a stencil. The stencil is from The Crafter's Workshop. I brushed on the darker turquoise ink with the stencil in place. I realized that it was too stark a contrast with the white cardstock, though. So, I then brushed the entire piece with the lighter ink. The sentiment was already on my table. The sentiment and its shadow were both cut with dies. I had cut the shadow out of white and then brushed it with the same color of lighter ink. It's mounted on foam squares. I added a turquoise strip across the card and placed thin black strips on each side of it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love the tone on tone look of this. I assumed it was turquoise ink on a lighter blue cardstock, but you've shown another way to do it. Here's another idea for me to try if I don't forget it! Thanks, Lynette!

Cheryl W said...

Looks like you had a fun, inky day! Your card is very pretty and makes me want to run downstairs to my craft desk and pull out my stack of stencils. It's a little late in the day for that, though. :)

bonnie32002 said...

Very pretty. It's it nice when you find a design to make busy DP look wonderful! You did just that; well done!~