Monday, April 27, 2020

Honeycomb Friends

I finally spent some time in my stamping room yesterday. It felt great. It feels like a long time since I made anything in there, but maybe it was just over a week. Or maybe it was two weeks. Time is kind of strange lately. Again, though, I was using up card parts. Some of the parts were not very old, but they were pre-made, nonetheless.

I recently had watched a Jennifer McGuire video about using stencils, embossing paste and glitter, so that's what I had done on the background of this card. You can't really see the glitter, though. The stencil is from Heidi Swapp. I trimmed the yellow piece down a bit and matted with black. I added a strip of gingham ribbon. The sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up! stamp set. You also can't tell this, but I colored in the open parts of the letters with a yellow marker, which is darker than the yellow cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a great idea to use embossing paste through a stencil. The beehive design is perfect with that cute sentiment you stamped! I still have embossing paste but wondering if it's any good.

Leslie Miller said...

I love that stencil and the embossing paste and glitter gives good texture. You even used some ribbon! Everything about these times is strange.

Cheryl W said...

Your honeycomb background is so neat. Wish I could see the glitter, which must make it even prettier IRL. I have both white embossing paste and clear glitter paste. I need to locate my white embossing paste though and give that another try. It's fun to add some color to it before applying it to a stencil.