Thursday, August 19, 2021

Another Thinking of You

When I was looking through my stamps last week, I came across this old set from Verve and left it out to make sure I used it. I think the flower can also be a butterfly, as it comes with an antennae stamp, too. I chose to use it as a flower for this card. There is the outline stamp, the "filling in" stamp, the "stamen" (?) stamp and the itty bitty stamp that goes between the two sides of the flower. It was very easy to line up, though. Also the stem and leaves stamp, of course. The sentiment is from the same set. I used a stencil and lightly used a blender brush for the background. I added a few "disco ball" sequins from Gina K for embellishments, which I usually tend to omit.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Marie Quick said...

Absolutely gorgeous and elegant.

Patti J said...

Verve had such nice stamps, and you’ve showcased these beautifully! Someone will be so pleased to get this gorgeous creation - thanks for sharing!

Leslie Miller said...

Now this is very pretty! Clever stamp set with its versatility. Really love the leaves, and I'll bet the flower looks fabulous as a butterfly, too. Nice way to use the stencil in the background, delicate and subtle. Love the addition of the sequins.

Cheryl W said...

This card is sooooo pretty, Lynette! I love your stenciled background. It's so subtle, but adds lots of interest. I'd never heard of a stamp that could be a flower AND a butterfly. Clever! Love the sequins, too.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a really cute little flower! The stenciled design gives a nice background for the image you stamped. Between trying to use up retired dp and new dp, I have also been trying to pull out some old dies to use.