Friday, August 20, 2021

"Stained Glass" Irises


A friend recently lost her beloved doggie family member, and this is the card that I made her. She had just mentioned that she loves irises, so I used this stained glass iris stamp on her card. I stamped with Versamark on vellum, embossed with pewter embossing powder and colored on the back with Copic markers. Then I wrapped it around a piece of white cardstock and mounted the panel on foam squares. The sentiment is also embossed with pewter powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name on the the post, that is beautiful I have a friend who loves Iris flowers!

Gloria

Patti J said...

Wow! What a beautiful creation! So glad you shared it. Someone will be so thrilled to find this in their mailbox!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sorry about your friend's loss. That's the most heart wrenching thing and kind of you to realize it warrants a sympathy card. This is exceptionally beautiful and will mean a lot to your friend.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, that card is just beautiful! The coloring on the vellum is just so pretty!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is stunning, Lynette! I love your stained glass look, and vellum was the perfect base to use for it. I need to look through my stamps and see if there are any that would look nice when heat-embossed on vellum. At this rate, I should be crafting 24/7. So many things I want to try!!

Darnell said...

This is stunning, Lynette! It will not only bring her comfort, it will be come a treasure in her keepsakes box. (Or she might frame it!) Hugs, Darnell

northstar2740@gmail.com said...

One of my former hobbies was making stained glass pieces. I made copper foil and lead cane pieces: both flat and 3 dimensional. This card just leapt out to me and said "make me".

However, who made the stamp and what are the directions? I would very grateful for that info.--Chris Domingue