Saturday, June 24, 2023

Double-Embossed Thank You

I came across a card like this on my blog from YEARS ago and thought I'd try it again. I inked up both sides of a Sizzix embossing folder. Then I folded a piece of 5 1/2 x 4 1/3 inch cardstock - about two thirds of the way up. Then I ran it through my embossing folder. Here is the result. I added a thin strip of cardstock between the two sections. The sentiment is die cut.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

What a cool technique! Inking both sides of an EF never would have occurred to me. I will definitely try this sometime in the future. I really like how you die-cut your sentiment out of the two colors, too. Or did you just ink one of them? You asked the other day if I inset those letters on the "Big Birthday Wishes" cards, and, yes, I did. I like the look of inset sentiments and they're great for mailing.

Wanda said...

I LOVE it! Fun technique too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, Lynette, this is amazing! What a great technique! I frequently put a whole card in a folder and emboss it, but this is way cooler. The ink technique never looks good when I do it, but this just begs to be tried. Putting it on my to do list. Thanks!