Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flutter By Wednesday - Open

Welcome to another Flutter By Wednesday! The challenge today is Open - just use a fairy or a butterfly on your creation and also decorate the inside of your card. Please visit the Flutter By Wednesday blog for the necessary details and to view the creations by Danni's wonderful design team.

I started with a large butterfly stamp from Repeat Impressions. I paper-pieced it with paper from a Deja Views matstack. (I took the above picture of the card before I added Stickles to it. Here is a picture of it after I added the Stickles.) I stamped the image again on a white square to add my paper-piecing to. I also added a little hand-doodling. I matted with a mat cut with a Nestability and mounted on foam squares. The background patterned paper is from the same matstack. The sentiment is from a Stampendous set.
Here is the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the same Stampendous set as on the front of the card. The butterflies are a smaller version of the one on the front of the card, and also from Repeat Impressions.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Plastic business cards said...

Awww! the butterfly is so cute! i really like your card!

Christina said...

These cards are really amazing Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Joey said...

Lynette this is beautiful, the inside is just as gorgeous as the outside, beautiful job! Joey xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful butterfly Lynette, love the sparkle and love the inside of your card too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Denice said...

The minute I saw this I couldn't wait to hop over and leave a comment on how stunning the butterfly is on the front of your card, but now...I'm just as happy to say that the inside is as gorgeous as the front. A wonderful card Lynette.
:Dxx

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that butterfly and how you did the inside of the card.

Sheri said...

Amazing butterfly!

Jenée said...

A beautiful card. That butterfly is stunning, and your paper piecing is wonderful. The inside is as lovely as the outside. Great work!

jan farnworth said...

aww what a great butterfly birthday card very nice.

Danni said...

Love that butterfly on the front! Gorgeous!! A fabulous card!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful butterfly! The inside is pretty enough to be a card front, too!

Kathy said...

So pretty. Love the sparkle and the inside is so pretty, too.

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful card, Lynette! I LOVE the sparkle on the butterfly!! The inside is so pretty too :)